Do you have a novel idea for improving yours and others life in a sustainable manner? Does your idea involves IoT technologies?
This call is for you! Participate in the Hackathon event during the IoT Week 2017. Propose your idea and develop your applications and services. This year, selected projects will focus on IoT solutions for tackling one or several of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the UN.
You must submit a “Project Proposal” not longer than 2 pages, that must indicate :
– Who you are: (teams up to 4 persons, study level, country, university, something else you want to tell us…)
– Problem description and SDG targeted
– Proposed IoT solution (service, clients, application, sensors, objects, data sources, etc)
– Expected impact (business, societal, environmental, etc)
– Required infrastructure (hardware, software, service access, etc.)
Proposals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30.
Proposals will be evaluated by the Hackathon organization committee, you will receive a notification of acceptance not latest than 2 weeks later. We will select the most promising submitted ideas to be part of the Hackathon event. We guarantee confidentiality of your idea until the event.
The IoT Hackathon event will take place during the IoT week from 6 to 9 June in the CICG (Centre International de Conférences – Geneva), Switzerland. During these three days you will have access to the required infrastructure (hardware and software) for implementing your project. You will present your realization at the end of the event in front of a jury that will select the best projects.
Best project will be awarded. Confirmed awards:
– The €5’000 IoT-Week Hackathon Siemens Award
– The 2’000 CHF ( €1’900) IoT-Week Hackathon ABB Award
– The €1’000 IoT-Week Hackathon Hasler Foundation Award
Other awards may be further confirmed.