Do you have a novel idea for improving yours and others life in a sustainable manner? Does your idea involves IoT technologies?
This call is for you! Participate in the Hackathon event during the IoT Week 2017. Propose your idea and develop your applications and services. This year, selected projects will focus on IoT solutions for tackling one or several of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the UN.
Registration for Hackathon is FREE
You must submit a “Project Proposal” not longer than 2 pages, that must indicate :
– Who you are: (teams up to 4 persons, study level, country, university, something else you want to tell us…)
– Problem description and SDG targeted
– Proposed IoT solution (service, clients, application, sensors, objects, data sources, etc)
– Expected impact (business, societal, environmental, etc)
– Required infrastructure (hardware, software, service access, etc.)
Proposals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
DURING THE EVENT
The IoT Hackathon event will take place during the IoT week from 6 to 9 June in the CICG (Centre International de Conférences – Geneva), Switzerland.
During these four days you will have access to Workshops and you will have also access to the required infrastructure (hardware and software) for implementing your project.
For more details about the Hackathon program and rules please visit HACKATHON IOT WEEK.
IoT-Week Hackathon Jury:
Mr. Alexandre Martin, Siemens
Mr. Pablo Furrer, ABB
Mr. Fernando Lopez de Aguilar, Fiware
Mr. Erez R. Mizrachi, IoT-European Platforms Initiative
Mr. David DaSilva Andrade, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland
Mr. Yuliyan Maksimov, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
Mr. Bartosz Boryna, ST microelectronics
Mr. Christophe Munilla, CEA – FESTIVAL project
You will present your realization at the end of the event in front of a jury that will select the best projects to be awarded. Confirmed awards:
– The €5’000 IoT-Week Hackathon Siemens Award
– The 2’000 CHF ( €1’900) IoT-Week Hackathon ABB Award
– The €1’000 IoT-Week Hackathon Hasler Foundation Award
– The €750 IoT-Week Hackathon FESTIVAL project Award
Moreover, all participants will receive for free an STM32 Nucleo development board from ST.