The Internet of Things Week 2015 will take place 16-18 June 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The core programme of the IoT week runs from 16th June to 18th June with side events happening 15th June and 19th June. The three core days are split into Research, Industry and Innovation - one day for each. Alongside all three days there is also an exhibition and hackathon (more to follow soon).
The IoT Week 2015 also includes an IoT hackathon – the first ever in Portugal. IoT Hackathons are melting pots of hands-on innovation and excellence where the IoT tech wizards create the magnificent IoT solutions.
The main exhibition area is situated in a high visibility area of the venue. If you are interested in exhibition space - please get in touch.The exhibition proposals will be collected and evaluated by the IoT Week secretariat.
Registrations are open with Early Bird set for May, 15th 2015. We have discount and special registration for plenary speakers, session organisers, session presenters/speakers, European Commission personnel and UNINOVA/UNL participants.
June 12th-13th: the best night (extending throughout the weekend) to be in Lisbon of the whole year. Don't miss it!!!
Subscribe to the IoT Week newsletter to keep up to date.
CHIST-ERA conference is co-located with the IoT Week 2015 Lisbon! Two half days are dedicated to Security and Privacy in Internet of Things [SPIoT] and two others concern to the topic of Terahertz Band New-Generation Mobile Communication Systems [TENXSYS]. The SPIoT is jointly organised with the IERC Activity Chain 5 on ‘IoT Governance, Privacy and Security issues
Portugal is well positioned in respect to the Internet-of-Things. Notably, the global Vodafone M2M middleware platform is being developed in Portugal (Lisbon) and also the Bosch M2M&IoT solutions are developed in Portugal (Aveiro). The major Portuguese telecoms like Portugal Telecom and ZON Optimus are now strongly pushing their M2M&IoT business areas. Many champion SMEs are developing solutions and making business in IoT. And also, key cities like Porto and Lisbon are building their smart-city strategies based on IoT technologies and data.
UNINOVA and FCT-UNL are the local hosts of IoT-Week’2015. UNINOVA institute proudly celebrates this year its 30 years as a well know reference in research and technology development being involved in several research and industry IoT-related projects both at national and European level. Faculty of Sciences and Technology (FCT) is one of the nine schools of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (NOVA). FCT-NOVA is a research faculty and one of the most prestigious Portuguese public schools of science and engineering. UNINOVA operates the FCT-NOVA CTS (Centre of Technology and Systems) research centre whose strategic project for 2015-2020 is built around the Internet-of-Things and Cyber Physical Systems.
- European Research Spotlight/Keynote
- IoT International research roadmaps
- Panel consolidating International Roadmap
- Action plan on Semantic Interoperability for large scale IoT
- 5G and IoT
- AIOTI WG3 IoT Standardisation SDO
- EU-US Smart Cities Workshop
- IoT Large-Scale Analytics Workshop
- How will FIRE support the Large-Scale Pilots needs and the Research platforms?
- Research roadmaps for embedded systems and Industrial IoT
- European/National Industry Spotlight/Keynote
- Large-Scale IoT Applications Session
- International Industry Spotlight/Keynote
- IoT Supports Session: Technology, Infrastructure, Policy, etc.
- How cable and telcos supports large-scale Internet-of-Things
- IoT for Smart City & Mobility Session
- Retail and IoT
- IoT Wearables
- IoT in the Banking & Insurance sector
- Technologies for Large-Scale IoT: Education
- Large-Scale IoT needs vs FIRE IoT available offerings and Value Proposition
- How to boost Innovations from IoT research, deployments and demonstrators
- Open Platforms leading Innovation
- European/National Industry Spotlight/Keynote
- Non technical challenges to boost innovation
- IoT Privacy and Society
- IoT Hackathon Award Cerimony
- Innovations and experiences from IoT deployments and demonstrators
- Crowd-sourced services for smart regions and cities
- Towards Large Scale Pilots experimenting IoT in Manufacturing Ecosystems
- IoT & Society
- IoT Security & Privacy
Antonio Pires dos Santos
Smarter Cities Leader for Spain, Portugal, Greece and Israel at IBM
Head of Unit E1 Network Connect
DG Connect, European Commission
Ericsson Research, Sweden
Alicia Asín Pérez
Director of the Smart Grid and Cyber-Physical Systems Program Office and National Coordinator for Smart Grid Interoperability
Prof. Almiro de Oliveira
ISEG, UCP Porto, ISG and ceGSI
(Information Systems Governance European Club)
Founder & Chief Research Officer
Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
IEEE IoT Initiative Scenarios Track
Bosch Termotecnologia ,Portugal
The IoT Week originated in the IoT European Research Cluster (IERC) and has become the pre-eminent event in Europe attracting industry and research from around the world to showcase and discuss the Internet of Things of today and of the future. Since 2014 the IoT Week is organised by the IoT Forum, jointly with a local host chosen by the members of the IoT Forum.